Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinteresttranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Don’t let the name fool you – this vegan recipe is gluten and dairy-free! But don’t worry – our Garlic & Parmesan Plentils pack in the flavor!
Eggplant "not" ParmesanMakes 2-4 servings
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Margherita Pizza Plentils®
- 2 medium-sized eggplants
- 1/2 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. hot water + 2 T. flax meal
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Crush the Plentils in a food processor until the chips are ground into fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl.
- Slice eggplant about 1/2 “ thick and set aside.
- Add the All-Purpose Flour Mix to a bowl and the hot water/flax mixture to another bowl.
- Dip each slice of eggplant first in the flour, then the hot water/flax mixture. Gently shake off to get ride of excess “gel” then coat in the crushed Plentils. Place on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet. Continue coating each slice of eggplant, layering if needed.
- Bake for 18 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and add a dollop of marinara sauce to each slice. Place back in the oven for another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!