Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Double-Mint French Silk Piemakes 8 slices
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Mint Chocolate Protein Bites
- ½ c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 Tbs. vegan margarine, melted
MINT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 3 barely ripe avocados
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1/3 c. + 1 Tbs. allergy-friendly milk
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- ¾ c. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels, melted
- Cut the Mint Chocolate Protein Bites into smaller pieces and pulse in a food processor until finely grated.
- Add the powdered sugar and pulse to blend.
- Pour the blended dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and drizzle the melted margarine over the top. Stir well until everything looks wet, and it’s clumping.
- Pour into an 8” or 9” pie plate and press onto the bottom into a packed circle. Place in the refrigerator while you make the mousse.
- Scoop out the avocados and add to a high-speed blender or the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the cocoa powder, allergy-friendly milk, peppermint extract, and maple syrup into the blender or food processor and blend until you have a super smooth mixture.
- Drizzle in the melted Dark Chocolate Morsels and pulse until it’s blended in. (Tips for melting chocolate can be found here).
- Spoon or pour the mousse into the prepared crust and smooth with the back of a spoon.
CHILL & GARNISH
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving or freeze for an icy treat!
- Garnish, cut into slices, and enjoy.
- Dark Raspberry – substitute in the Dark Raspberry Protein Bites, eliminate the mint extract and add a raspberry jam layer on top of the chilled pie.
- Sunseed Butter – substitute in the Sunseed Butter Protein Bites, eliminate the mint extract, and add 1/4 c. warmed sunseed butter on the crust before pouring in the mousse.