Cream Eggless Cookie SandwichesMakes about 18 sandwiches
For the filling:
- 1/4 C. brown rice syrup
- 1/4 C. dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 C. confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 T. dairy-free milk
- 1/2 t. ground turmeric
For the sandwiches:
- 2 boxes Enjoy Life Foods cookies (we recommend the Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Soft-Baked Double Chocolate Cookies!)
For the coating:
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- 2 1/2 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the brown rice syrup, buttery spread, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating until well mixed. Add milk if the mixture is too dry; it should be thick and stiff, but smooth.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the filling mixture to a small bowl. Add the turmeric and mix until smooth. The mixture should be light yellow in color; you can add additional turmeric if you prefer a darker hue.
- Use about 3/4 of the white filling to dollop on half of the cookies. Divide about a teaspoon of the yellow filling onto each on. Top each with additional white filling. Put a second cookie on top of each one to make a sandwich, then transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- To coat the cookies in chocolate, melt the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Remove the sandwiches from the freezer. Dip each one into the chocolate, putting it back onto the pan to set. They will firm at room temperature, but you can refrigerate or freeze them to speed the process.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.