Cookie Crumble Donuts with a Chocolate Glazemakes 12 donuts
- 1 1/2 C. gluten-free flour blend (if your flour blend does not contain xanthan gum, add *3/4 teaspoon)
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 Tbs. applesauce
- 2 Tbs. dairy-free butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbs. vegetable oil
- *Buttermilk: 1/2 C. dairy-free & nut-free milk + 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 C. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Tbs. vegan butter
- 2 single-serve bags Enjoy Life Foods Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies
- 2 single-serve bags of Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Double Chocolate Mini Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease two donut pans with a non-stick cooking spray or oil.
- Prepare “Buttermilk” by combining your dairy-free/nut-free milk and apple cider vinegar; let this sit for 10 minutes before using.
- In a small mixing bowl, add in the sugar, apple sauce, melted vegan butter (warm), vanilla extract, and oil. Whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, add in the prepared “buttermilk,” and whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag, or a resealable plastic bag, and fill the donut pan rings 1/2 of the way.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Place the cooled donuts in the freezer while preparing your toppings (this will make them easier to handle while dipping into the chocolate glaze).
- Place each flavor of Enjoy Life Foods Mini Cookies into resealable plastic bags and lightly crush them into small pieces using your hands. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat your chocolate and dairy-free butter in 15-30 second increments (stir each time) until it’s mostly melted. Then stir until smooth.
- Lay parchment paper on a flat surface and remove the donuts from your freezer.
- Dip the top of each donut in the melted chocolate and transfer them onto the parchment paper.
- While the chocolate is still melted, quickly sprinkle the crushed cookies over each donut (1/2 using the crunchy crumbles, and the other 1/2 using the soft-baked crumbles).
- Place the remaining melted chocolate into a small resealable plastic bag, cut off one corner of the bag (only a tiny snip is needed), and drizzle the chocolate over each donut.
- Enjoy with friends and family!
The finished donuts can be kept at room temperature for about 1 hour, or stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days in an airtight container.
Thanks to Marissa (@marissacakes_) for sharing this delicious recipe.