Chocolate-Covered Fruit RollsMakes 6 scones
For the scones
- 4 Enjoy Life Foods Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Chewy Bars
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sparkling water or club soda
- 1/3 cup grapeseed or mild olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping and assembly:
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- 1 tablespoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the Chewy Bars in a food processor. Pulse about 10 times until they are in small pieces. Scrape them into a small bowl.
- Put the sorghum flour, tapioca flour, millet flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in the food processor. Add the zest and pulse about 5 times to combine. Add 12 cup of the sparkling water and the oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Pulse about 8 times, until the wet ingredients is distributed throughout the mixture and in fine crumbs. Turn the food processor on and slowly add the remaining sparkling water, adding just enough until the mixture sticks together. Use a spoon to stir in the Chewy Bars.
- Scrape the dough onto a clean workspace. Pat the dough into a rectangle about 3 inches wide and 10 inches long. Cut the dough into 6 squares with a sharp knife.
- Refrigerate the squares for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Transfer the squares to the prepared baking sheet, about 1/2-inch apart from each other.
- Bake for 23 to 26 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. These brown quickly, so check around 12 minutes and tent with foil if needed.
- Let the scones cool on the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the topping, put the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until melted and smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the scones. Let stand about 10 minutes until set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.