Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- ¾ C. sorghum flour
- ¼ C. tapioca starch
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. fine sea salt
- ¼ C. rice milk (or milk alternative of your choice)
- ⅛ t. vanilla extract
- 1 T. safflower oil
- 1 T. apple sauce
- 2 T. Tapioca Egg (see recipe below)
- 1 T. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
Tapioca Egg Ingredients:
- 1 T. tapioca starch
- 1 C. cold water
Tapioca Egg Directions:
- In a small saucepan combine the tapioca and the cold water.
- Turn on the heat to medium and whisk the mixture even though no change is visible.
- Continue whisking as the mixture starts to gel and turn translucent. Whisk up until the point the mixture just begins to simmer and remove from the heat.
- Pour into a container and allow to cool.
- Once cool the mixture may be refrigerated.
Makes approximately 16 T. of Tapioca Egg. May be stored for 1 day.
- Combine sorghum, tapioca, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until uniform.
- Add rice milk, vanilla and oil to dry ingredients, and beat until combined. Repeat with applesauce. Mix in tapioca egg until uniform. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Meanwhile, heat up a skillet or fry pan, nonstick if possible. Spray a small amount of oil on pan.
- Pour on approximately 2 T. to ¼ C. of batter, depending on how big you want your pancakes. Allow to cook on one side until the top of the pancake is bubbly. Flip with a spatula and allow to cook another minute or so, until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with the fruit or syrup of your choosing.