Chili Cheese-Stuffed Poblano PeppersMakes 4-6 servings
- 5 large poblano peppers
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 lb ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. + 1 t. chili powder
- 1/4 C. minced cilantro
- 1/4 C. Enjoy Life Foods Beach Bash® Seed & Fruit Mix
- 1 C. dairy-free cheese shreds
- 1 C. cooked rice
- 2 T. crushed Enjoy Life Foods Sea Salt Plentils®
- ½ t. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut top off poblano pepper. Carefully remove pith and seeds and discard. Set aside.
- Sauté the onion in a pan with 1 T. olive oil until golden. Add the ground beef to the mixture and cook; remove extra fat. Add in chili powder and mix in completely. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the salt, chili powder, minced cilantro, Beach Bash, rice and shreds. Stuff each pepper evenly with this mixture and place in a glass baking dish. Cap with the top. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and cover dish with foil. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While baking, mix together the onion powder and the crushed Plentils.
- Remove stuffed peppers from the oven, place on plate and sprinkle with the “onion breadcrumbs.”