Share on facebookTweet on Twitter
Share on twitterPin on Pinterest
Share on pinterestTranslation missing: en.general.social.alt_text.print
Caramel Apple Cider Donut Bread Puddingmakes 6-8 servings
18 Apple Cider Donut Cookies, left out on counter overnight
3/4 c. Firmly packed Medjool Dates, seeds removed
1/2 c. Dairy free milk
1/4 t. Salt
1 t. Pure vanilla extract
1 T. Flax meal
3 T. Water
1 T. Melted vegan and allergy free margarine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the dates in a heatwave bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Drain the dates and place in a food processor along with the dairy free milk, salt and vanilla extract. Turn on and puree until smooth and it smells like caramel! This should take just a couple minutes.
- Add the flax meal and the hot water to the bottom of a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together.
- Pour the melted margarine and the date caramel “milk” into the flax mixture and whisk until combined.
- Tear the cookies in half and stir into the mixture. Let it rest 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased (with olive oil or allergy free margarine) 8×8 baking dish and bake at 350, covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until lightly bubbling.
- Enjoy warm!