Looking for a tasty, allergy-friendly dessert? Try this Brownie Pie recipe made with Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix and Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Cookies!
Brownie PieMakes 8 servings
For the No-Roll Pastry Crust:
- 1 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour
- 2 t. granulated sugar
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/3 C. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil), plus more for oiling the dish
- 1 to 2 T. ice water
- 1 t. cider vinegar
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Filling:
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Brownie Mix
- 3/4 C. cold water
- 2 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 1 box Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Cookies, coarsely chopped
- Lightly coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie dish with allergy-friendly oil. Combine the All-Purpose Flour, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, 1 tablespoon water, cider vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Drizzle the mixture over the flour mixture, stirring with a fork until the dough is evenly moistened, adding the additional tablespoon of water if needed. The dough should be clumpy and stick together, but not sticky or wet.
- Transfer the dough into the prepared pie dish and pat it across the bottom of the pan and up the sides, crimping the edges. Poke the bottom of the crust with a fork about 20 times. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Gently press a piece of aluminum foil onto the unbaked pastry. Fill with dried rice, dried beans, or pie weights. Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Remove the weights and the foil. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. If the crust has puffed up in any areas, gently press it down with a spatula.
- While the crust is parbaking, make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Filling. Add the Brownie Mix, cold water, and oil in a medium bowl. Whisk briskly until well combined and lump-free. Stir in the chopped Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Cookies. Scrape the mixture into the parbaked crust. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out with moist crumbs attached, but not gooey.
- Cool at least 30 minutes, serving warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, moving to the freezer.