Tapioca Egg ingredients:
- 1 T. tapioca starch
- 1 C. cold water
Tapioca Egg Directions:
- In a small saucepan, combine the tapioca starch and the cold water.
- Turn on the heat to medium and whisk the mixture even though no change is visible.
- Continue whisking as the mixture starts to gel and turn translucent. Whisk up until the point the mixture just begins to simmer and remove from the heat.
- Pour into a container and allow to cool.
- Once cool the mixture may be refrigerated.
Makes approximately 16 T of Tapioca Egg. May be stored for 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine sorghum, tapioca, baking powder, and sea salt and mix until combined.
- Whisk together the palm oil and the sugar. Add in honey and whisk until incorporated. Whisk in applesauce, vanilla, and water. Add in the sorghum, tapioca, baking powder and sea salt to the palm oil, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, water mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in the cookie crumbs. Whisk in Tapioca Egg. Once incorporated, add in apple cider vinegar. Fold in baking soda, followed by blueberries.
- Scoop into prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool and eat immediately, or freeze and rewarm as needed.