Spiced-Banana-Rum BlondiesMakes 12 to 16 blondies, depending on size
- 1/4 C. oil
- 1/4 C. mashed ripe banana
- 1 t. ground flaxseed
- 3/4 C. packed golden brown sugar
- 2 T. rum
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 C. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2/3C.Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the oil, nondairy milk or mashed banana, and flaxseeds in a small saucepan. Heat until just steaming, then whisk in the brown sugar, rum (if using) and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined. Cool slightly.
- Put the All-Purpose Flour Mix, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice (if using), xanthan gum, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cooled oil mixture to the flour mixture. Mix to combine. Stir in the Chocolate Mega Chunks.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Let the blondies cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares or cutting with a cookie cutter.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, moving leftovers to the refrigerator or freezer.
Laurie Sadowski is the author of three cookbooks devoted to gluten-free, vegan, and allergy-friendly baking. Using baking chemistry as a basis, everything is developed—and guaranteed—to taste ‘just like the real thing’. For more, visit lauriesadowski.com.