A classic banana bread recipe made allergy-friendly! Read our Baking Science: Allergy-Friendly Banana Bread blog post to learn how each traditional ingredient is swapped for allergy-friendly alternatives to create this melt-in-your-mouth loaf.
Makes 1 loaf, about 10 slices
- 1 3/4 C. Enjoy Life Foods All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C. granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. xanthan gum
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 2 C. mashed bananas (about 1 1/2 large)
- 1/4 C. dairy-free buttery spread, melted, cooled
- 2 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- 2 T. dairy-free milk
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line the bottom of an 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Lightly oil the sides.
- Add the All-Purpose Flour Mix, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the bananas, buttery spread, oil, milk, cider vinegar, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth (there can be some banana lumps). Pour the mixture into the dry mixture. Use a spatula to mix to combine.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on the middle rack for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, moving any others to the freezer for up to 3 months
About Laurie Sadowski
Laurie Sadowski is the author of three cookbooks devoted to gluten-free, vegan, and allergy-friendly baking. Using baking chemistry as a basis, everything is developed—and guaranteed—to taste ‘just like the real thing’. For more, visit lauriesadowski.com.