- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into ½” rounds
- ⅓ to ½ C. dairy-free mozzarella shreds (or shred alternative of your choice)
- 3 T. breadcrumbs (recipe below)
- ¼ C. fresh basil leaves
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until evenly mixed.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer until needed.
Main Recipe Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and the mozzarella shreds.
- Set each of the tomato rounds on a non-stick sheet pan. Place 1-3 leaves of basil on top of each round. Sprinkle the breadcrumb and mozzarella shred mixture over the top so that the mixture mostly covers the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the tomatoes.
- Set 4″ under the broiler for 2 minutes and check. If the tops have browned, remove from oven. If not, leave under the broiler for one more minute.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. The tomatoes will be soft, so move them carefully using a spatula.