Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- ¾ small onion, minced
- ½ C lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 C sugar
- 1 - 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ C water
- 1 - 16 oz. can cranberry sauce (jellied or whole)
- 1 - 12 oz. jar chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine all ingredients, and stir.Bring sauce to a boil and turn heat to low to simmer the sauce.
- Grind Garlic & Parmesan Plentils. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Form into balls and place on sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on each side.
- When completed, blot excess fat and add meatballs to the sauce. Simmer covered for 45 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Meatballs and sauce can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator, or up to a month in an airtight container in the freezer.
Serves 4-6 as a main dish