Makes 12 Cakes
- 10 medium white mushrooms
- 6 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 C. finely chopped kale
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 C. steamed quinoa
- 1 T. flax meal or chia meal + 4 T. hot water
- zest from 1 lime
- ¼ C. crushed Garlic and Parmesan Plentils
- 2 T. minced fresh chive
- 2 T. minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the mushrooms, green onions and garlic cloves in the base of a small food processor. Pulse until everything is finely chopped.
- Warm a sauté pan over medium heat and add a glug of olive oil. Sauté the mushroom mixture for 7-8 minutes until the mushrooms have released their liquid and are lightly golden. Add the shredded sweet potatoes, chopped kale and cumin and sauté another 3-4 minutes. Add ¼ c. water and cook until the potatoes are softened and liquid has evaporated. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the steamed quinoa, the flax meal/chia meal mixture, lime zest, crushed Plentils and the minced chive and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined. Form the mixture into 12 evenly sized cakes, about 2” in thickness.
- Heat a large nonstick fry pan over medium and add a glug of oil. Place the cakes in the pan and cook 3-4 minutes on one side, gently flip and cook 3-4 minutes on the other side. Place on a baking sheet and continue until all cakes are lightly cooked on both sides. Place in the oven to continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.