Snickerdoodle Linzer Cookies
- To cut holes, you will need either a pastry dough cutter, pastry tip or bottle top
- Preheat oven to 325 ºF.
- Take each Snickerdoodle cookie and press down for a 2" diameter. Try to keep the round shape when pressing. Optional: use a crimped-edge pastry dough cutter to trim edges for a "scalloped" look.
- Cut a small round hole in the center of half the cookies. Use round dough cutters, wide end of pastry tip or a bottle top for this.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. For crispier cookies, bake an additional 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- While cookies cool, combine raspberry preserves and agar (if using, will make for a firmer filling). When the cookies are cool, spread the jam on cookies without a hole and top with a cookie with a hole, making sure to push down enough to push a little jam up through the hole. Repeat with all remaining cookies.
- Using a fine strainer or sifter, dust the top of the cookies with confectioner's sugar.
Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for 2 days.
Yield: 6 cookies