Margherita Chicken Sauté
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pt. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ C. white wine
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ C. brown rice flour
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 4 C. baby spinach olive oil
- 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 Garlic & Parmesan Plentils Crunchy Lentil Chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place the tomatoes, sliced shallot, 2 T. olive oil, ½ t. salt and ¼ C. white wine in small oven-safe, metal fry pan or an 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Stir to coat tomatoes and place in the oven
- Roast for 30 minutes, stir, and roast an additional 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the chicken by slicing in half lengthwise to create 6 thin cutlets
- Mix together the ¼ C. brown rice flour, 1 t. garlic powder and 1 t. salt
- Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken cutlets, gently rubbing it in with your fingers
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add a light coat of olive oil and heat another 30 seconds.
- Lay the chicken in the pan and cook until lightly browned on each side, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to plate. In the same pan, add another light coating of olive oil and then the spinach all at once.
- Using tongs, turn the spinach until it begins to wilt, about 2-3 minutes total.
- To serve, place the spinach on the bottom of a serving platter. Arrange the chicken on top of that.
- Generously spoon the tomatoes and pan juices of the over the chicken and sprinkle the basil leaves over.
- Lastly, sprinkle with the crushed Garlic & Parmesan Plentils Crunchy Lentil Chips.