Gingerbread Pumpkin Pie
- 1- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 2 eggs or egg substitute**
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour/starch
- 1/4 cup milk or dairy-free substitute***
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix processed cookies with tapioca flour and brown rice flour. Cut in butter using a fork until mixed in.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Place pie plate on baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes to set the crust.
- Reset oven to 425°F.
- Combine tapioca, sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix pumpkin with milk and eggs. Add the sugar mixture until blended.
- Pour into pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F, bake for another 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Serve or refrigerate. Enjoy!
*TIP Dairy-free option: use 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp EarthBalance margarine (contains soy)
or Spectrum shortening in place of butter.
**TIP Egg-free option: for best results, substitute Ener-G egg replacer in place of the eggs.
Consistency of the pie will vary from original recipe, resulting in more of a firm pudding.
***TIP Dairy-free option: use 1/4 cup Rice Dream non-dairy beverage (Original) or WestSoy
Soymilk (Unsweetened Original) (contains soy).