Makes 6 stuffed peppers
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ C. white wine
- ¼ C. gluten free chicken stock
- ½ C. cooked millet
- 1 C. finely ground Garlic & Parmesan Plentils® Crunchy Lentil Chips
- ½ lb. ground turkey thigh
- ½ C. tomato sauce, divided
- ¼ C. minced fresh basil or 2 T. dried
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place sun dried tomatoes in a heat safe bowl.
- Pour boiling water to cover the tomatoes completely. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid, and slice the tomatoes.
- Slice the tops off the peppers, discard the stem but keep the flesh of the top. Dice finely. Set the peppers off to the side.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a little olive oil, and then the diced yellow onion and the diced pepper tops. Sauté 6-7 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and garlic, and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Pour in the white wine and stir, scraping up any bits that stick to the pan.
- Add the sliced tomatoes into the pan along with the chicken stock and a sprinkle of salt. Cover with a lid, turn the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a large bowl. Add the cooked millet, ground Garlic and Parmesan Plentils Crunchy Lentil Chips, turkey thigh, half of the tomato sauce, and the basil.
- With a large spoon (or your hands) mix together until evenly combined. If mixture looks dry, add some of the reserved tomato-soaking water until it is slightly moist.
- Press turkey-vegetable mixture into the cavity of the peppers. Cover with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Place the peppers in a small casserole dish and pour in 1” water. Cover dish with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the center of the turkey mixture reads 165°.