Makes 4-6 servings
- 4-6 large poblano peppers
- ⅔ C. Pepperjack cheese shreds (or shred alternative of your choice) + 1 T. for garnish
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 10 OZ ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 1 T. + 1 t. chili powder
- 3 T. Enjoy Life Foods Beach Bash Seed & Fruit Mix
- 1 T. Oniony Bread Crumbs (recipe below)
- ½ t. salt
- Olive Oil
Oniony Breadcrumbs Ingredients:
- 2½ C. Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax or Crunchy Rice Cereal, ground into crumbs
- 2 OZ onion powder or dehydrated onions, about ¼ C.
- 1½ t. dry parsley flakes
- 1 t. ground coriander
- ½ t. rosemary
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- ¾ t salt
Oniony Breadcrumbs Directions:
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until evenly mixed. Store in an airtight container in the freezer until needed.
- Sauté the onion in a pan with 2 T. olive oil until golden. Add the ground beef to the mixture and cook; remove extra fat. Add in chili powder and mix in completely. Remove from heat. Mix in rice and shreds, stir to incorporate completely into ground beef mix.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut top off poblano pepper. Carefully remove pith and seeds. Stuff mixture into hollow of pepper until it is completely filled. Cap with top.
- Rub olive oil around outside of pepper and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dust tops with Oniony Bread Crumbs and shreds. Wrap in a piece of tin foil and twist the ends so pepper can steam in foil envelope. Repeat with all.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until pepper is soft. Serve immediately.