- Small to medium zucchini, cut into wedges
- 1-2 C. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 t. salt
- 1¼ C. tapioca gel (2 t. tapioca starch + 1¼ C. cold water)
Seasoned Bread Crumbs Ingredients:
- 2 OZ dehydrated onion or granulated onion (2 whole medium onions, about 17 OZ, will dehydrate to 2 OZ)
- 3 C. Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax Cereal
- ½ t. dry parsley flakes
- 1 t. ground coriander
- ½ t. rosemary
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- ¾ t. salt
Seasoned Bread Crumbs Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, and process until uniform and fine.
- Store in freezer in airtight container until needed.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a pan with parchment paper or tin foil and lightly oil the surface.
- Sprinkle zucchini wedges with salt in bowl and toss together. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
Tapioca Gel Directions:
- Combine 2 t. tapioca starch with 1¼ C. cold water and, while stirring with a whisk or wooden spoon, bring to almost a simmer in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool, place in shallow bowl that you can easily dip the zucchini into.
- With a paper towel, dry off the zucchini.
- In front of you, working left to right, set up the zucchini wedges, the tapioca gel, and the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Take a zucchini wedge with your left hand, drop it into the tapioca gel, shake it off, and place the zucchini spear in the bread crumbs.
- Coat entirely with bread crumbs and place on parchment or foil-lined pan.
- Repeat until all spears are coated. Place in oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until golden. Serve immediately.